.

.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Great Wall

This was one of our earlier family trips way back in 2001.

This plague reads "You are not a true Chinese until you have climbed the Great Wall"
A footnote : We had to wait like forever to finally get this plague to ourselves for the photoshot!


At the foot of the Wall


The Great Wall of China was indeed magnificent, and totally packed with people! The inactive me only made it up to the first outpost, but actually, most people only made it there too so I didn't feel that bad! Some of the steps were literally half my height and in the end, I just resorted to climbing on all fours!


HT at the second outpost

After that I happily spent my time browsing in this tiny little souvenir stall tucked away to one side with Dad. Not many people noticed this stall, and in the end, we were the only two people in our group who walked away with a tiny plague stating that we had climbed the Great Wall (me in my high heeled boots, no less!).

I have to say, the Great Wall was mighty impressive and I wouldn't mind returning again.

No comments: