.

.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Little Town Called St. Gilgen

Mitch and I signed up for a day trip to Salzburg, and enroute we made a lightning stop in St. Gilgen. It was still quite early in the morning and most of the locals weren't up yet. It was so cold I could see the air coming out of my mouth as I breathe.

Breathtaking view

Lane leading from the St. Gilgen bus station

Our guide took us on a brisk walk around the town and town square. I would really have loved to stroll this place at my own pace, with perhaps a coffee on one of its many terraced restaurants. Unfortunately, it was not to be the case.

A quick shot of Mitch before hurrying after our group

Outside the Town Hall (I think!)
A mother with her children on a brisk morning walk
Cable cars going up to the ski base
Cable cars going across the town
Overlooking the roofs and across to the mountains beyond

Glad we made the stop but would definitely have preferred to spend more time here!

No comments: